I'm sure by now all of you will have heard the acronym GDPR. Here at Rebecca Allan Podiatry you can read our privacy statement and ask any questions.
Our GDPR Policy (GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION)
- As a provider of medical services Rebecca Allan Podiatry is required to record details of all patients; details include medical details.
- All details will be retained using an electronic record system called Cliniko.
- We are required to retain medical records for a minimum of 7 years after the last treatment.
- Your "Right to be Forgotten" cannot override the requirement for medical notes to be held for the above mentioned minimum retention period.
- With your agreement we may use your details to liaise with other medical professionals for example your GP.
- We will not use your information for any other purpose than providing or promoting our podiatry services except where permission has been granted as mentioned above to liaise with other medical professionals.
- Your demographic information may be used to aid with appointment booking and booking reminders.
- Your information will not be sold to any third party.
- You have the right to request a copy of any information we hold about you. This can be obtained by submitting a written request.
- We may levy a charge to cover the cost of providing such information.
If you are not happy for this information to be retained, we unfortunately will be unable to provide you with any podiatry care.
Privacy Notice in relation to the Website
This policy provides you with the details of how any personal data we collect from our website will be processed.
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor.
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact us page or an email link, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP).
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to Mail Chimp who provide us with email marketing services. We consider Mail Chimp to be a third party data processor. The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database or in any of our internal computer systems.
Your email address will remain within Mail Chimp’s database for as long as we continue to use Mail Chimp’s services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
While your email address remains within the Campaign Monitor database, you will receive periodic newsletter-style emails from us.
Should you choose to add a comment to any posts that we have published on our blog, the name and email address you enter with your comment will be saved to this website’s database, along with your computer’s IP address and the time and date that you submitted the comment. This information is only used to identify you as a contributor to the comment section of the respective blog post and is not passed on to any of the third party data processors detailed below. Only your name will be shown on the public-facing website.
Rebecca Allan Podiatry keeps patient records remotely via an electronic patient record system, Should you become a patient with Rebecca Allan Podiatry we encourage you to read our GDPR policy above which will be provided to you again should you become a patient.
Testamonials are provided to Rebecca Allan Podiatry, with full permission given by patients to use images and quotes, this is done on an entirely voluntary basis. This website does not contain or link to any other patient information pertaining to the business of Rebecca Allan Podiatry.